Support with Tax Investigations in Stoke on Trent
For businesses and the self employed experiencing tax investigations in Stoke on Trent, Moore’s Accountancy is here to support you through the process. HMRC will investigate your tax affairs to check that you are paying the right amount, whether you are an individual or you run a company with employees.
Why Would You Receive Tax Investigations in Stoke on Trent?
Also known as a tax compliance check, this can be triggered by a variety of factors, including:
- Filing tax returns late, or there are consistent errors in your tax returns
- Your income fluctuates abnormally between each tax year
- Your costs aren’t in line with other businesses within your industry
- You have other income streams, such as property or you have off shore bank accounts
- Your standard of living isn’t consistent with your business performance according to your tax return
- Your business involves a high percentage of cash transactions
- HMRC has received a tip off
It could be a routine tax audit, occurring every five years or so, if you pay VAT or have employees paying PAYE. But HMRC will investigate your records if it suspects that tax is being consistently underpaid. They may choose to look at a specific area of your finances such as your accounts and tax calculations, your Self Assessment tax return or your Company Tax Return. Or they may be conducting a broader check. Sometimes your business has been selected entirely at random for tax investigations in Stoke on Trent.
Contact Us About Tax Investigations in Stoke on Trent
Are you being investigated by HMRC? Being given notification that you are in line for tax investigations in Stoke on Trent can be stressful. Employing the services of Moore’s Accountancy will help to reduce the likelihood of you receiving unexpected tax audits and investigations. Find out how we can help you, or contact us to arrange an appointment to discuss your situation in more depth.